Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's Crunch Time

Time has flown by in the last few weeks and now I'm leaving in two days. I have been able to relax a little since Wednesday, since I now have my passport with a Bulgarian visa (shoutout to Joanna for the assist on that). The NYC Consulate actually ended up being pretty helpful. They responded to my increasingly frantic emails and eventually told me the exact date that it would be ready and when to expect to receive it.

So that's one less thing to worry about. I still have a lot of stuff to do before Monday, though. I am not really packed yet. I've been trying to pack for the last two weeks or so, but I always overpack so I really have to work to cut stuff out. I'm trying to take just one suitcase since I will have a week or so to travel after the semester ends (I fly out of Rome a week after finals). I really don't want to be lugging a lot of stuff around with me, so I'm trying to be selective. It's really hard to pack for an entire semester in one suitcase, though.

I've taken a couple of days off from Bulgaria preparation because I'm visiting my grandma (and aunts/cousins/etc.) in Harrisburg PA. I won't be home in Dayton until the late afternoon on Sunday and then I leave Monday, so I'm not going to have much time to finish packing/getting ready, but it should be fine. I also have some random things left to do, like call my credit/debit card people and warn them that I'm going to be out of the country so they don't think that my identity has been stolen and freeze my account when they see atm withdrawals in Europe.

Everything is going smoothly, though. It's a little weird to think that all of my Pitt friends are back at school now and I'm not there, but I think that once I get there and my classes start it won't be as strange. This will be the last post until I get to Blagoevgrad and get settled, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment